Am on my first week of detox this week, and I thought I'll share some of my breakfast recipes with you. They are filled with lots of nourishing and healing ingredients that will set your day right and get you feeling energized and pumped for the day ahead.
And best of all, all of them take less than 15-20 minutes to make! Eating healthy really just can't get any easier than this guys..
Detox Recipe #1: My Big Breakfast
⏰ 20 minutes
- Preheat oven at 200C. Wash, scrub, clean and dry sweet potato. Cut it into small cubes. Mix in chopped garlic and 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil with the cubed potatoes. Add them into a baking tray, and bake for 15-20 minutes (till it’s golden and lightly charred)
- As potatoes are roasting in the oven, add chopped garlic into an oiled pan. Fry till it’s slightly golden, and add baby spinach. Let it sit and stir occasionally.
- While that’s cooking, crack 2 eggs into other side of the pan, cook it for a minute and flip it over and cook for another minute.
- Turn off heat, sprinkle pink himalayan salt over spinach and eggs. Serve them on a plate.
- Sprinkle smoked paprika and turmeric powder over eggs.
- Cut up some fresh cucumbers to serve alongside the other dishes.
- Once sweet potatoes are ready, sprinkle pink himalayan salt over it and serve with the rest.
Detox Recipe #2: Green Smoothie Bowl
⏰ 5 minutes
- Add bananas, spinach, almond cinnamon, honey and chia seeds into food processor.
- Process till you reach a smooth consistency (about 2-3mins)
- Serve with desired toppings.
- h desired toppings.
Detox Recipe #3: Granola Bowl and Green Juice
⏰ 10 minutes
- Add banana and homemade granola into a bowl. Drizzle almond cinnamon over it.
- Serve with frozen mixed berries and dried figs.
Green Juice (without a juicer)
- Add all ingredients into the blender. Process till it’s smooth.
- Strain and enjoy!
Detox Recipe #4: Hummus Pepper Cups
⏰ 10 minutes
- Add chickpea, garlic, cumin powder, turmeric powder, and salt into food processor.
- As the processor runs, add in olive oil. (You can use less or more depending on the consistency you desire)
- Fill up peppers with hummus.
- Sprinkle chia seeds, sesame seeds, smoked paprika and black pepper over it.
Detox Recipe #5: Breakfast on a Pan
⏰ 15 minutes
- Stir fry chopped kai lan in olive oil and garlic for a minute.
- Add 3 eggs into pan and give it a swirl to cover the entire pan. Cook for another minute in medium heat.
- Sprinkle smoked paprika and salt over it.
- Serve with roasted garlic dressing.
Hope you'll try these detox recipes out and let me know how you like them. And if you have any of your own favourites, do share them with me. Am always looking out for healthy quick fixes when it comes to brekkies!
Till next blog guys 👋
Lots of love,